FACILITY BASED SERVICES include individualized and group instruction in the areas of developmental skills, pre-vocational skills, communication skills, cognitive learning, cooking skills, daily living skills, exercise and range of motion therapy, community participation and more. Facility based services may also include 1:1 services and other small groups.
ARTS AND CRAFTS: Holiday cards, thank you notes, get well cards and other educational and leisure time arts and crafts.
MULTI-MEDIA CENTER: Computer skills, reading skills, proper telephone use and etiquette, functional library skills, etc.
VARIETY SHOP: Gardening, fishing, sewing, quilting, etc.
SHELTERED WORKSHOP: Service recipients are provided with local contract work when available and are paid a piece rate for their production as specified by time study.
PRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING: Service recipients receive individual instruction in the areas of vocation training such as stuffing envelopes, sanding, sorting small parts, bolt/nut/washer assembly and other vocational activities that assist the person in following directional skills to become employed.
CHOIR PRACTICE: Melodic/harmonic techiques, hand bells, music therapy, choral concerts, musicals, etc.
TRANSPORTATION: Hilltoppers provides transportation to and from the person's home to the day center, community paricipation, medical appointments and other necessary places.
COMMUNITY BASED SERVICES - COMMUNITY AWARENESS:
Community awareness activities consist of but are not limited to the following:
• Current events - discussing local and world news
• Food/Coat drives
• Writing letters to the Armed Forces
• Touring City and County establishments
• Projects to assist others in disasters
• Learning survivor words
• Building relationships in the community - Making hats for Bread Of Life Mission
• Community involvement - volunteering - Visiting nursing homes & hospitals
• Making parade floats
• Recognizing highway, emergency and survival signs
• Learning to use local resources such as utilities, banks, library, recreational facilities, etc.
TRANSPORTATION: Hilltoppers provides transportation to and from the person's home to the day center, community participation events, medical appointments and other necessary places.